Saturday, Jan. 27 brought a special addition to the Penasco schools gymnasium just prior to Panthers Homecoming basketball, as Guzman Energy unveiled new electronic scoreboards that they are donating to the school district.
The new scoreboards were donated by Guzman Energy, exclusive energy partner to Kit Carson Electric Cooperative.
In February 2017, Guzman Energy announced its exclusive partnership with Kit Carson Electric Cooperative (KCEC) to generate renewable energy to cover 100 percent of the daytime load and achieve summer-solar energy independence by 2022. The company appears to be taking its role in the region serious as they are reach out to major community partners, such as Penasco Schools to contribute energy saving scoreboards.
New Peñasco High School Scoreboards – By the Numbers
- 2 New custom-built, energy-efficient, wireless scoreboards
- 80 Years of sporting experience for scoreboard manufacturer TransLux
- 3 LED-digit distinct colors to visually organize critical game information
- 5’, 9’, 4” Height, length, depth of each new scoreboard
- 105 Pounds in weight of each new scoreboard
- 159 Wattage in each new scoreboard
- 14 Hours driving from Des Moines, IA construction to Peñasco installation
- 881.9 Miles the new scoreboards traveled from construction to installation
- 6.5 Hours for NORCON to install new scoreboards
- 50,000-100,000 Hours of continuous operation for each new scoreboard
- -22 to +131 Fahrenheit-temperature range in which new scoreboards will display
View original post here.